Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oh, the Places You'll Go!


I love Dr. Seuss and own many of his books, but out of all his books, Oh, the Places You'll Go is probably my favorite. You usually hear about this book in the spring since it is most commonly gifted for graduations. I remember at my high school graduation I received a few copies each with a thoughtful note written on the inside. There is one idea I saw on Pintrest where every year the parents have the classroom teacher sign the book. Then upon 8th grade or even high school graduation the parents give the signed copy full of notes or quotes from old teachers to their child. I love that idea! A few days after I read that, a student of mine brought the book to school with a note from her parent. I re- read this book a couple weeks ago and there were a few quotes that stuck to me:

"And will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)"

"Remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft and never mix up your right foot with your left." 

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." 

"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment