Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Feelings

This is week 3 well 4 (if you count workshop week) of student teaching. I have spent the past two days reminiscing about my days as a nanny and a one on one at a childcare center. I cannot wait to get back to working with my littles. I was telling my mom that today and she asked, "Why did you even bother getting your B.A.?" Here's why:

1. In most childcare centers you need your B.A. to be a head teacher even if you only want to work with infants and toddlers. 
2. You need your B.A. to be a director or assistant director.
3. A B.A. opens tons of doors for me outside the field of education. 

My mom became all furious like this was new information. I NEVER wanted to teach in a K through 3 setting until the spring of 2014. I knew student teaching would make or break my decision to be a classroom teacher. It's not like I am hating my experience (I would TRY a year in 1st grade) but I miss everything about infants, toddlers, and even preschoolers. I miss the spit- up, blowouts, and witching hour. I miss the messy house, sticky fingers, and diaper changes. I miss singing all day everyday. I miss nursery rhymes, picture books and making up my own songs to go along with anything and everything we did. I miss the snuggles, kisses, and the innocent and incredibly adorable things toddlers and preschoolers say and do. 67 more days with 2nd graders and then hopefully I can get back to the age group that means the world to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment