Monday, September 2, 2013

Words are Powerful

1 Thessalonians 5:11 says, “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

I was at the vet the other week with my dog. I overheard the veterinarian telling a girl my age that her dog may have heart failure. They took out a liter of fluid around the dog’s lungs and will call her with the other test results. I felt prompted to go over and comfort her so I stood up and immediately started bawling. I couldn't get my words out at first, but gave her a hug. As we sat there petting her dog, we talked a bit and I told her I was praying for her. Putting an animal down is never easy, but I hope I was able to comfort and brighten her day just a little bit!

Our words are powerful. We can use them to build each other up or tear a person down. Ephesians 4:29 says, “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs.” How will you use your words to build a person up today?

No comments:

Post a Comment