Thursday, January 17, 2019

Christmas 2018

Christmas 2018 was awesome! 

I stayed in town this year - last year I was out of state celebrating with Harry's family. I cherished every single second of this Christmas. I soaked it all up. It was wonderful! 

We celebrated Christmas Eve at my aunt's house. We played the Dice Game. Harry scored a giant container of Cheese Balls. He was pumped! We talked all about our wedding and I lost my composure... I heard about that later. We watched my aunt, uncle, and cousins open their gifts to each other. We ate really good food. Leah made her Spinach Artichoke Dip. Harry and I made our super spicy meatballs. We went to church and funny story... We left Leah there. 

About a week before Christmas, we talked about riding to church with Leah so Harry could open his gift from her. Two reasons for this- 1. He hates attention. 2. He was going back home on Christmas Day which is when my family exchanges gifts. 

Harry and I were running late to church so we met everyone there. We literally rolled in 3 minutes before the service started. My sister and I were texting back and forth trying to see if Harry and I could sneak in and sit by them. We decided to sit alone because we were on the opposite side. Her phone was dead so we were communicating on my dad's cell. My last text to her was, "See you at Rob and Sues." 

After the service ended, Harry asked if we were supposed to bring Leah back. I said no. He questioned me and he would not let it go. I started yelling in the car and he pulled my hair and told me to stop shouting. 

We pulled into the driveway and found my dad standing outside with Breck. He walks over and asks, "Where's Leah?" I laughed. He asked again and I asked, "She's not with you?" He said no. He said she told them that she was going to hitch a ride from us. All three of us burst out laughing. 

Harry and I booked it back to church. 

We walked in and found her in line for a coffee. She was laughing. She said, "I knew you'd forget me!" I said, "I told you I'd see you back at the house!" She told us she never got that message. She did not check my dad's phone before he left. She did not have her phone and she didn't have any money. The only reason she got a coffee was because one of the greeters saw her sitting there for 35 minutes and gave her a free coffee card. 

The nine of us had a really good laugh about leaving Leah behind. It was probably the highlight of my Christmas Eve. Leah kept saying, "I can't believe my family left me."

Christmas Day was was relaxing. It's my favorite day of the year. I absolutely love spending the day with my mom, dad, and little sister. 

Our mom makes Christmas so magical. She goes all out. We are grown adults. I'm going to be 30 this year but she still spoils us rotten. I absolutely love it! She is the reason Christmas is my favorite holiday. She makes it so special. She puts in so much time and effort. I can only hope I'm that selfless someday.

At my parents house, we opened presents. We ate Crepes for breakfast. Leah and I took an afternoon nap while our parents made a wonderful Christmas dinner. We played Old Maid- Cat Lady Version. We played Banana Grams. We reflected on the holiday season and enjoyed each other's company. 


There is a funny story that goes with Leah's cutting boards...

The cutting boards were her favorite gift. She was obsessed. When she went home she put them in the drawer underneath the oven (warming drawer). On December 26, she went on a date. Her roommate, Heather decided to cook a pizza. The smoke detectors started going off. She was like what?! She looked in the stove and found flames shooting up from the drawer below.  She opened the drawer and the boards were on fire. She used a towel to snuff out the flames The dogs were barking. The smoke detectors were still going off. The neighbors came to make sure everything was okay. The boards were in ashes. 

Rest in pieces cute boards. 
Gifted: 12/25/18 
Cremated: 12/26/18


Cousins.


Hot couple alert!


Family.


Sisters!


The kids.


We lined up by size. It was unplanned and funny.


Leah and Breck.


Extended Family.


Mom and dad.


Familia.


The girls.


Beauties.


Woo- we are some good looking ladies!


Cheese!


Thanks guys for making Christmas Eve magical.


Happiness.


A few years ago my dad held my mom like this. Neither remember but I had them recreate the picture anyway.


Harry and I joined in on the fun.


The boys.


Leah and her baby.


All snuggled up.


Let's get cozy.


Relaxing.


Waiting for the dice game to start.


Reed parked himself on the couch for the evening.


Harry enjoying his best life.


Kisses for the mister.


Harry's first Christmas with our family.


My mom's tree.


Christmas morning.


Home.


Santa was here.


Nativity scene. I loved my mom's so much that I bought my own off Amazon.


Christmas cards!


All I want to do is snuggle up by the fire.


Christmas Morning!


Is it time for presents yet?


Gorgeous.


A pinata Reindeer from my sister.


Top Gear for, D.


New mug- Believe in Happy!


Mom loves polka dots!


What's this?


YES!


Beautiful wrapping.


What's in here?


Heck yeah!  New bath towels.


Dude Whatever (Whatever is his catch phrase) and Bikes and Beers- everything this guy likes.


Our mom does such a nice job wrapping gifts.


Let's open this.


Mary is so giddy.


A new cutting board!


Oh my gosh, these are cute!


And this is...


A new sweater!


Breck in a diaper and destroying toys... just another day. ;-)


The best gifts come in tiny packages.


Cute soap from Anthropologie.


Hot Dish pan.


This is just what I wanted.


Like my new sweater?


Minnesota garland from Patina.


Ayyy....


A new pull over!


Let's take a selfie!


Wait.


What's this?


A new clock!


Leah bought this clock five years ago. It was broken. She never fixed it. Harry fixed it and I gift it to my dad.


What's in here?


Duane is the best at wrapping gifts.


Oh my goodness!


It's a diamond necklace! Duane bought it off Amazon.


Cool hat with a super bright light.


How sweet is this sweater?


Kitchen scissors!


Dog mama.


The dog mom and her baby.


Everyone got a new flash light. Thanks, Santa!


Finally, a long down jacket that doesn't make me look fat. Best gift ever!


My mom found mittens that match my coat perfectly.


Tea to last a lifetime.


I thought we were taking a super cute girl pic but I was wrong.


New shirt.


A cotton candy ornament.


Almost dropped my new spoon holder. Whew!


Lookin' good with your new haircut; Mace!


Dad: "Eddie Bauer must've had a good sale." They did. :-)


She's so cute!


Fat pants.


Enough with the photos already.


Harry and I received a sweet new blanket. It's super warm and cozy.


Soap and a backpack ornament for Leah.




Turtles!


Stocking Stuffers.


Seriously, how great are these?!


Naptime.


A Hot Dish recipe book to go with the Hot Dish pan.


I'm so lucky!


Love lasts a lifetime.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment