Monday, August 17, 2020

Bayfield

Harry and I took a quick trip to Bayfield, Wisconsin.

We stayed at the Pinehurst Inn where we were treated to a home cooked breakfast and a delightful treat every afternoon. Our favorites were the AMAZING Orange Yogurt, Thumbprint cookies, and Breakfast Quesadillas.

At Pinehurst Inn we stayed in the Attic Suit. We were secluded which is just what we like. The room also had a European Bath. It's a sit down shower so it reminded me of that Raymond episode where the Barone's go to Europe. The tub had jets and it was so relaxing after a long day of exploring.

We took a ferry to Madeline Island for the day. We rented a tandem bike but every time we tried to take off I took my feet off the pedals and Harry would start yelling. Basically, the bike scared me so we ended up returning it and renting E- Bikes instead.

We did the Grand Tour boat ride in Bayfield. DEFINITELY NOT Covid friendly. The precautions were not there and I would not recommend. We did see Devil's Island on the tour and that was gorgeous.

I found a super cool hiking trail. I think it was called Iron Ridge. Harry thought it was too easy but it was so fun!

We discovered the delicious restaurant called Maggie's. Harry had really good ribs one night. We both fell in love with the Whole Hog Sandwich.

We discovered the Sea Caves via a hiking trail. The view of the Sea Caves was breathtaking!

Overall, we had a very good trip. I'll post cell phone photos on this post.

A couple of hotties ;-)
Preach!
Beautiful sunset on Lake Superior.
Hopefully the only trip we'll have to take with masks.
I've lived on Washburn for 31 years so the name will always have a special place in my heart.
I had a photo here as a kid when we went camping. I'll try to find that photo.
My dare devil.
Fell asleep on the boat tour.
Harry lovin' the European tub.
This photo makes Harry smile.
Put on two different shoes and had NO IDEA until I sat down to pee that day.
E- bikes!
Smile!
Which way?
It started raining on the ferry.
I thought I looked pregnant. Harry told me I was just constipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment