Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Joshua 1: 9


At least once a week I wake up around 3am with song lyrics or a particular Bible verse running through my head. This morning, it was Joshua 1: 9, “This is my command- be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”



The phrase do not be afraid is written in the Bible 365 times. That’s a daily reminder to live everyday fearless. I struggle with fear everyday. One of my biggest, and probably most petty, fears is snow. Yes, I know I live in MinneSNOWta, but driving in snow is a fear I just can’t shake. I find comfort in Joshua 1:9 and many verses like it that remind me not to be afraid and when I am, to remember God is with me wherever I go. What Bible passages do you find comfort in when you are afraid or discouraged?


No comments:

Post a Comment