Monday, August 20, 2018

I Said, YES!!

The Proposal:

On Saturday, July 21, 2018, we went to the Black Sand Beach along the North Shore. The beach was crowded and Harry and I like quiet so to be alone we walked all the way down to the rocks. A few minutes later, a family came down at sat at one of the picnic tables. Harry suggested we climb the rocks so we did. It was beautiful up there! I was exploring and taking selfies. Harry was gathering flowers for my bouquet... he makes me one every year with wild flowers. As we were climbing, we discovered a private spot across the rocks. I told Harry I would go back down, get our things, and then I would meet him over there. He said he would come with me because he needed to find more twine for the stems.

I went to sit on our towel but Harry started walking to the water so I walked too. He said he was hot and sweaty. I said, "Me too!" but he ignored me. The next thing I knew, he was down on one knee. He said, "Well, this is it." I exclaimed, "In the water?!" After that, I remember him saying, "Will you?" I saw that ring and blurted, "Oh my God, is that my ring?!" In typical Liz fashion, I grabbed his hand to see it and said, "Yes, Harry! Yes, yes, YES!"

























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment