Thursday, June 6, 2013

When God calls you, He equips you!

Ever feel like you are not enough? That you are incapable of completing a task or project? Take comfort in knowing you have everything you need to do everything God wants you to do. I’m in the process of reading Altar Ego by Craig Groeschel and he wrote, “God doesn’t ask people to do something, then realize later that they weren’t equipped to do it and say, ‘Whoops! My bad! I don’t know what I was thinking. You don’t have what you need to do that!’” When God calls you, He equips you with everything you need to fulfill your purpose on Earth.

As human beings, we constantly compare ourselves to one another. We say things like, “I am not as good of a writer as Leah,” or “Brittany is really creative and I never have been,” or “I sure wish I had Joe’s charisma.” 2 Corinthians 10:12 says, “We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.” Instead of comparing ourselves to one another, we should be focusing on the unique ways God created us. We all have strengths and we all have weaknesses.

I can’t draw, I can’t fix a car, and I can’t build things. Not being able to do these things does not bother me because I know I have other strengths. I know God didn’t create me to be an artist. I know He didn’t create me to be a mechanic. I know He didn’t create me to be an architect. God created other people to do these things. What is one thing you cannot do that you need to stop focusing on? When you stop focusing on the things that you can’t do and turn your attention to the things you can do, you’ll discover you are God’s masterpiece. You are God’s creation and He has equipped you with the tools you need to live a life of purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment