Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cloudette


I student taught in Kindergarten this Spring and during our weather unit this was one of the books I referenced to teach about clouds and rain. I had never heard of it before, but it is an adorable story about a little cloud who thinks she is too small to make a different. She ends up finding her purpose- there are lots of things a little cloud can do! 

I asked my students a series of questions:
1. By looking at the cover, what do you think the book will be about?
2. Who can raise their hand and tell me what the book was about? 
3. What are some big and important things a cloud can do?
4. What kind of cloud is Cloudette?
5. What can you tell me about a Cumulus cloud? 

We created a class book after reading the story. They were to draw their favorite important thing a cloud can do and write a sentence about it. I'll try to remember to post pictures later, they turned out cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment