Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Is There Really a Human Race?


Some of you may know I am an Early Childhood major and I am obsessed with children's literature. I am always looking for new books to read and last weekend my sister bought me this book. I love Jamie Lee Curtis' books she is able to tap into the child's mind and create a book that both children and adults will love. This book is no different as she addresses the fact that everyone is different and were all making the world a better place one step at a time. The book is written in question format which is suiting because the average 4 year old asks over 400 questions a day and that's how they learn. 

Here's an excerpt from the end of the book:
Sometimes it's better not to go fast.
There are beautiful sights to be seen when you're last.
Shouldn't it be that you just try your best? 
And that's more important than beating the rest?
Shouldn't it be looking back at the end
that you judge your own race by the help that you lend? 

I love that part, leave it to a child to point out how the world should be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment