Thursday, August 1, 2013

Zucchini Boats

DELICIOUSNESS AHEAD!!

Here was the picture off of Pinterest.

I pinned these on Pinterest awhile back. They looked good, but I don't like Zucchini or Tomatoes. Earlier this week, I decided to give them a try and I loved them! I don't know if my taste has changed over the summer or if it was the fact that they were covered in Olive Oil or Cheese, but either way, the recipe was a win with this picky eater and the rest of my family!

These were mine. The recipe said put cheese below the tomatoes but the people in my family like to load things with cheese! 




Cut a zucchini in half lengthwise. 
You may need to trim a little off the bottom so it sit still in a baking dish.
 Scoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoon. 
Brush the surface with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.  
Arrange halved tomatoes into the grooves, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. 
Remove and place mozzarella in between the tomatoes. 
Put Zucchini Boats back in the oven under the broil until golden and bubbling. 
Remove and sprinkle parmesan cheese. 
Enjoy!


Thank you "Proud Italian Cook" for this wonderful recipe! To view more of her recipes check out her blog: http://www.prouditaliancook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment