Thursday, July 23, 2020

Afternoon Adventure

Yesterday, Harry woke me up at 8:30. I got up and went for a walk/ run. I ran over half the ponds which I was extremely proud of. I came home and Harry was still here. It turns out it was his day off. I suggested we go hike Jay Cooke. He finished his coffee while I packed a to go bag- hand sanitizer, snacks, water, hoodies, sunglasses...

We made it to Jay Cooke State Park. You needed to buy a pass. We needed up buying a yearly pass- it cost $35 instead of $7. Only problem is we took my car not his and when we go up North we tend to take his. It costs $25 to add a second car. Harry thinks that's ridiculous and doesn't see how it's not free. I compared it to the rental car- they wanted another $98 to add a second driver. Anyway...

We were extremely let down by the trails. Most of them were closed. On our way home (many hours later) we discovered there are trails on exit 214 and 220 so next time we will try those.

We didn't let the day go to waste. We were 20 minutes from our favorite city so we drive there and we were so glad we did. The waves were INSANE! We saw our favorite ship- Mesabi Miner. It's over 1000 feet long. We saw a fire boat. We ordered BBQ from OMC. We took our food to Enger Park which we had never been to before. It's freaking gorgeous and the views are breathtaking!

What a great Wednesday!





St. Louis River at Jay Cooke





View from Enger Park














No comments:

Post a Comment